It's been awhile and I've flown across the entire country again since I've written believe it or not. I hope to do a post about that soon but first a post that has for too long been neglected.
I've never had a bedroom to myself. But what's astounding, I've only had one bedroom my entire life. We've never moved out of my childhood home. My parents were building this house when my mom was pregnant with me and we have never moved out. And during all of my eighteen years (besides when I was really little and I slept in my parents room) I've slept in the same bedroom. I've shared the same four blue walls with my sisters. Until now.
When two of my brothers moved out there was more room. Thus, I got my very own bedroom for the very first time.
Honestly I didn't know what to do with it. I never had many choices about my bedroom before. The walls were blue, had always been blue, and there were always too may dressers and stuff everywhere to make it very cute. Now I had almost unlimited options. Being a person of habit I was a little nervous. I don't like change and even though I loved the idea of creating my own little haven I was hesitant. And I'm not the visionary or artistic type so I didn't know how to go about making a room look nice.I had never had so much space in all my life! I had no idea how to fill it. And painting the walls proved a problem. Should I paint the walls blue? That sounded...Familiar. Homey.
But I decided that I needed to go against that part of me that wanted blue just because that's what I'd always had. Although the color I picked wasn't adventurous at all, it was just perfect for me. I still plan to add curtains and a few more soft touches but I love what I created, despite it being a change.
And there you have it! I plan to add to it as the months go by.












I love the simple, elegant, feminine style you chose.
ReplyDeleteAh, thank you!
DeleteAh this is really pretty!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteAw your room is adorable girl!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Pard!
DeleteAwe what a cute and cozy haven! I love it! Your bedding is so pretty.
ReplyDelete