Friday, August 18, 2023

Photo Dump // SUMMER 2023


  
  Hello again! I know it's been awhile. But here is a look into my life lately. I've been pretty busy this Summer and enjoying the wonderful weather. 

First to start off the Summer, Emily and I went hiking with a group of young people. 



You have to see these falls in person to appreciate their beauty. Every time I visit them I am struck again by how great our God truly is.  





Daisies would have to be some of my favorite flowers. And if you asked me why I wouldn't really be able to answer. There is just something so sweet and simple about them that draws me. 


I spent a lazy Sunday afternoon with family up in the hills. We had a picnic on a sandy creek bank and then went for a walk through the woods. 




One of my favorite things about Summer. Food. *mouth watering* 



So beautiful. How can I express how amazing our God is who created all of this? I can't. 

Pickles are delicious. If anyone disagrees with me...Stow it. 

PNW Summers are gorgeous. I could breathe in that country air forever. 

Emily and I made a quick weekend trip to Idaho for my close friend Kylie's bridal shower. We stopped and got smoothies on the way. 

The weather in Idaho was beautiful. 

Kylie and I. I was the maid of honor so I was technically in charge of the shower... Let me tell you, I was stressed. 





Homeward bound! 

Making strawberry jam always says Summer to me. I grew up helping my mom and siblings make it every year. 

If you know me you know I have this thing for ice cream sandwiches. I love them. 

We have our own blueberry bushes at our place, so fresh sun warmed blueberries taste like home. Summertime is also full of picking the blueberries and putting them in the freezer for winter. 

My parents decided to take the family camping 4th of July weekend. I was thrilled and we had a blast!  


There is something magical about waking up on a cool morning in the woods and crawling out of your sleeping bag. Then huddling close to the fire and making breakfast. At least to me there is. Some people don't find it quite so magical, Lol. 

I was in charge of the hash-browns. They weren't over the fire so sadly not quite as romantic, Lol. 

Making coffee over the fire. Nothing quite like it. 

We took our dog, Cowboy, along. 

We played card games in the hot afternoons. And I have no idea why my WILD card is upside down, *laughs*  






We did make it back from camping in time for the actual Fourth and spent the day with family and friends. 




Another trip to Idaho, this time for Kylie's wedding. I was both standing and singing in it, so I was both nervous and excited. 

We got coffee on the way. It was a cool morning so I got hot coffee. (something rare for me) 

Rehearsal day! The flowers were getting done. 

We spent almost all day getting the church ready. 




The last night out was a picnic by a lake. It was beautiful!! 

                  All us girls at the last night out! 

That night I got to meet a new little cousin for the first time! She was so tiny and precious and I was tickled pink, Lol. 

Kylie gave all us bridesmaids these adorable cups with each of our names on them. 

The next morning! We all got dressed at Kylie's parents. I absolutely loved Kylie's wedding dress!  

Kylie and I. Ever since we were little, although miles separated us, Kylie and I kept a strong friendship blooming. We spent hours talking on the phone and giggling like idiots. Kylie was my writing partner and we stayed up late into the night writing together through text messages. She is My Zac. (My personal nickname for her that only makes sense to me) And I was proud to stand beside her and witness her and Landen's vows. They became one in the sight of God and many witnesses and I couldn't be happier for them.    
 
The bridal party. 

Kylie and the love of her life. Aren't they adorable? 

Us girls. <3

Signing the marriage license. I helped make it official. *winks* 

Saying good bye. Kylie moved away to the prairie (South Dakota) to set up her own little house with her husband. I knew the greater distance would mean seeing each other even less so it was a bittersweet moment.  

I snapped a picture of the the sunset that night. I was exhausted but happy. 

Made it home just in time for my best friend Liberty's baby shower! 



Hanging out with this little blue eyed boy. He's growing up on me. 

Working in the garden! 

Homegrown produce. Yum! I love homegrown food. It's delicious. 

Fried zucchini. Soooo good. 



Went to the county fair with some of my cousins and two of my aunts. We had a blast! 

Emily and I decided it was time to go hiking again. It was just a small group of us this time. Just siblings and a cousin. We went for the sunset and it was beautiful! We had a lot of fun! 

 



SO BEAUTIFUL. 

There you have it! My recent life in photos. As always I have been very busy and very blessed! 

God is so good and His mercy is endless. Keep smiling! Sing the songs He gives you to sing. Love the ones He's given you to love. Every moment is in His plan. 

At times it's hard to trust Him like we should, but always remember to never forget, Jesus loves you and He'll never leave you nor forsake you. 

Until next time, 

Damara Nancy

4 comments:

  1. You look like Marita in the picture with the daisy crown.
    You're a good friend, Damara! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I can see what you mean, although I don't think I've ever been told I look like Marita before!
    Awww, thank you. ❤

    ReplyDelete