"Long before you took your first breath, a dream was coming true. God wanted to give a gift to the world, so He wrapped it up in you."
- Meant To Be
Nineteen years ago Liberty Ann came into the world. A special gift to the world and a very special person in my life. We were born three weeks apart; double first cousins. We grew up living only ten minutes away from each other and we spent as much time together as we could. We grew up side by side, inseparable. We went from learning to walk together to learning to drive. We shared secrets, laughter, tears, dreams, failures and successes... Every step along the way. And to this day Liberty knows me almost better than anyone. We have so many childhood memories together I couldn't begin to cover them all.
We spent hours on the phone talking and giggling. We spent the night at each others houses, trying to stifle laughter under the covers. We watched movies and wished we were old enough to be the girl who got the boy in the movie. We went camping together every Summer, learning how to cook over the fire and playing card games by the light of a lantern. We made up recipes for milkshakes and smoothies (Some were really good. Others... not so much). We went to the tiny local store (more like begged an older siblings to drive us) and bought doenuts and cup noodles. Or Arizona tea and pies. We sang karaoke together. We went swimming for hours in the pool. We drove the four-wheeler for as long as our parents allowed us. We sat together at church. Liberty was the one who taught me how to roller-blade and gave me my very first pair or roller blades for the my nineth birthday, Lol.
Liberty and I gave each other the nickname Pard several years ago. It's short for Partner. (We got it from the TV show Laramie because we both loved it) The nickname stuck.
Thank you for being the very best friend a girl could ask for, Liberty. Whenever I think of friendship I think of you. You've been there for me through everything. Even when life changes, your friendship, your love, and your loyalty stay the same. I wouldn't be who I am today without you. You're talented, fun, creative, loving, and kind. I have seen Jesus' love shine through you. God uses you in so many ways. You are a wonderful wife to Byron and are going to be an awesome mama.
And you're an amazing friend. Today I look back on nineteen years of friendship and smile. And I know the next nineteen will be just as blessed. Happy Birthday, Pard.
Damara Nancy







.jpg)



I don't know either of you personally, but this is such a sweet post and you summed up close friendships in such a lovely way!! It's a beautiful birthday letter and it brought tears to my eyes since as I read it, I was thinking of similar friendships in my life. Thanks for sharing <3
ReplyDeleteAwww, thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. You're welcome! <3
ReplyDelete